Saturday, December 23, 2006

Today I Want

Let's just get this out there...I'm drunk.

Today (tonight, really) I'm missing. I'm missing my best friends. I'm missing the people who understand me. I'm missing the people who hold my heart. Alcohol isn't the same without them and the drunken escape doesn't hold the same allure without the two specific ones who abandon life with me.

I don't want to hear the "I hope I do see you before New Years". I don't want the luke warm sentiments that hold no true meaning. I don't want to hold the hand of someone who does not hold my heart. I want to speak to someone that will tell me something real; that holds my truth.

I would rather sit in silence next to someone who holds my heart than speak endlessly with someone who does not understand my soul.

No comments: